[ClusterLabs] Moving Related Servers

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 10:32:35 EDT 2016

On 04/18/2016 10:05 PM, ‪H Yavari‬ ‪ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is servers maps:
>
> App 3---------> App 1    (Active)
>
> App 4 ---------> App 2   (Standby)
>

> Now App1 and App2 are in a cluster with IP failover.
>
> I need when IP failover will run and App2 will be Active node, service
> "X" on server App3 will be stop and App 4 will be Active node.
> In the other words, App1 works only with App3 and App 2 works with App 4.
>
> I have a web application on App1 and some services on App 3 (this is
> same for App2 and App 4)

This is a difficult situation to model. In particular, you could only
have a dependency one way -- so if we could get App 3 to fail over if
App 1 fails, we couldn't model the other direction (App 1 failing over
if App 3 fails). If each is dependent on the other, there's no way to
start one first.

Is there a technical reason App 3 can work only with App 1?

Is it possible for service "X" to stay running on both App 3 and App 4
all the time? If so, this becomes easier.