[ClusterLabs] Freezing/Unfreezing in Pacemaker ?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 10:12:25 EDT 2016

On 04/07/2016 06:40 AM, jaspal singla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As we have clusvcadm -U <resource_group> and clusvcadm -Z <resource_group>
>  to freeze and unfreeze resource in CMAN. Would really appreciate if
> someone please give some pointers for freezing/unfreezing a resource in
> Pacemaker (pcs) as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Jaspal Singla

Hi,

The equivalent in pacemaker is "managed" and "unmanaged" resources.

The usage depends on what tools you are using. For pcs, it's "pcs
resource unmanage <resource_name>" to freeze, and "manage" to unfreeze.
At a lower level, it's setting the is-managed meta-attribute of the
resource.

It's also possible to set the maintenance-mode cluster property to
"freeze" all resources.