[ClusterLabs] Simple Clarification's regarding pacemaker

K Aravind ezbi.124 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:39:43 EDT 2016

Hi all
Have some doubts regarding pacemaker
It would be of great help if you could help me out

1.Pacemaker handles split brains using quorum and stonith only right .?
  It is not a case where a split brain is resolved wothout the use of
stonith and qourm am  I right ?

2.Resource stickiness /location cannot be used to solve split brain right ?

3.let's say I have qourum enabled but not stonith for a two node cluster
..can it be used for solving split brain ..if so can the user application
can add rules for quorum to elect appropriate / preffered  the master
..similar to resource stickiness ?

4.can I configure the default role for a node ?
Meaning ...let's say I have a two node master slave setup
,master node goes down and the slave is elected as a master so far so good
now let's say the older master which was down comes up. So is there a way I
can configure it be slave by default meaning whenever a new node comes up
it be a slave and not a master

5.Can I have node roles other than master or slave in a master slave
cluster say unknown ?

6.Is there notification from pacemaker when a split brain happens ,
When an election beings ,
When an election is done

Thanks
Aravind