[ClusterLabs] Monitoring action of Pacemaker resources fail because of high load on the nodes

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 13:57:05 UTC 2016

On 04/22/2016 03:29 PM, John Gogu wrote:
> Hello community,
> I am facing following situation with a Pacemaker 2 nodes DB cluster
> (3 resources configured into the cluster - 1 MySQL DB resource, 1
> Apache resource, 1 IP resource )
> -at every 61 seconds an MySQL monitoring action is started and have a
> 1200 sec timeout.
You can increase the timeout for monitoring.

> In some situation due to high load on the machines, monitoring action
> run into a timeout, and the cluster is performing a fail over even if
> the DB is up and running. Do you have a hint how can  be prioritized
> automatically monitoring actions?

Consider that monitoring - at least as part of the action - should check
if what your service is actually providing
is working according to some functional and nonfunctional constraints as
to simulate the experience of the
consumer of your services. So you probably don't want that to happen
prioritized.
So if you relaxed the timing requirements of your monitoring to
something that would be acceptable in terms
of the definition of the service you are providing and you are still
running into troubles the service quality you
are providing wouldn't be that spiffing either...