[ClusterLabs] ClusterLabsComing in 1.1.15: Event-driven alerts

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Fri Apr 22 08:55:04 UTC 2016

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

> Each alert may have any number of recipients configured. These values
> will simply be passed to the script as arguments. The first recipient
> will also be passed as the CRM_alert_recipient environment variable,
> for compatibility with existing scripts that only support one
> recipient.
> [...]
> In the current implementation, meta-attributes and instance attributes
> may also be specified within the <recipient> block, in which case they
> override any values specified in the <alert> block when sent to that
> recipient.

Sorry, I don't get this.  The first paragraph above tells me that for a
given cluster event each <alert> is run once, with all recipients passed
as command line arguments to the alert executable.  But a single
invocation can only have a single set of environmental variables, so how
can you override instance attributes for individual recipients?

> Whether this stays in the final 1.1.15 release or not depends on
> whether people find this to be useful, or confusing.

Now guess..:)
--
Feri