[ClusterLabs] Totem is unable to form a cluster because of an operating system or network fault

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Apr 12 15:46:21 UTC 2016

On 12/04/16 07:44 AM, dinor geler wrote:
> Hi ,
> Am trying to configure my sql on ubuntu according to this article :
> https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-linux-classic-mysql-cluster/
>
> two node cluster
>

> looking on corosync log :
>

> Apr 12 11:01:09 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:11 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:13 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:16 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:18 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:20 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:22 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:24 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:27 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:29 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
> Apr 12 11:01:31 corosync [TOTEM ] Totem is unable to form a cluster
> because of an operating system or network fault. The most common cause
> of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.
>

> totem {
>   version: 2
>   crypto_cipher: none
>   crypto_hash: none
>   interface {
>     ringnumber: 0
>     bindnetaddr: 10.1.0.0
>     mcastport: 5405
>     ttl: 1
> [...]

They disable stonith, so I question the entire tutorial... Suggesting
using ssh for fencing shows a real flawed understanding.

If you install CentOS 7 instead of Ubuntu, you will be able to follow
the Cluster from Scratch tutorial on Clusterlabs.org website. It is
written and maintained by the Pacemaker author and includes 'pcs' that
will configure the base cluster for you.

--
Digimer
access to education?