[ClusterLabs] DRBD on asymmetric-cluster

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:29:17 UTC 2016

Hey guys:

I've been reading a little bit more about rules but there are certain
things that are not so clear to me yet. First, I've created 3 normal
resources and one master/slave resource (clusterdataClone). My
resources and constraints look like this:

# pcs resource
 MTA    (systemd:postfix):      Started nodo1
 Web    (systemd:httpd):        Started nodo1
 IPService      (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started nodo1
 Master/Slave Set: clusterdataClone [clusterdata]
     Masters: [ nodo1 ]
     Slaves: [ nodo2 ]

# pcs constraint show --full
Location Constraints:
  Resource: IPService
    Enabled on: nodo1 (score:10) (id:location-IPService-nodo1-10)
    Enabled on: nodo2 (score:9) (id:location-IPService-nodo2-9)
    Enabled on: nodo1 (score:INFINITY) (role: Started) (id:cli-prefer-IPService)
  Resource: MTA
    Enabled on: nodo1 (score:10) (id:location-MTA-nodo1-10)
    Enabled on: nodo2 (score:9) (id:location-MTA-nodo2-9)
  Resource: Web
    Enabled on: nodo1 (score:10) (id:location-Web-nodo1-10)
    Enabled on: nodo2 (score:9) (id:location-Web-nodo2-9)
  Resource: clusterdataClone
    Constraint: location-clusterdataClone
      Rule: score=INFINITY boolean-op=or  (id:location-clusterdataClone-rule)
        Expression: #uname eq nodo1  (id:location-clusterdataClone-rule-expr)
        Expression: #uname eq nodo2  (id:location-clusterdataClone-rule-expr-1)
Ordering Constraints:
Colocation Constraints:
  Web with IPService (score:INFINITY) (id:colocation-Web-IPService-INFINITY)
  MTA with IPService (score:INFINITY) (id:colocation-MTA-IPService-INFINITY)
  clusterdataClone with IPService (score:INFINITY) (rsc-role:Master)
(with-rsc-role:Started)
(id:colocation-clusterdataClone-IPService-INFINITY)

These are the commands I run to create the master/slave resource and
its contraints:

# pcs cluster cib myfile
# pcs -f myfile resource create clusterdata ocf:linbit:drbd
drbd_resource=clusterdb op monitor interval=30s role=Master op monitor
interval=31s role=Slave
# pcs -f myfile resource master clusterdataClone clusterdata
master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true
# pcs -f myfile constraint location clusterdataClone rule
score=INFINITY \#uname eq nodo1 or \#uname eq nodo2
# pcs -f myfile constraint colocation add master clusterdataClone with IPService
# pcs cluster cib-push myfile

So now, my master/slave resource is started as Master in the same node
where IPService is already active. So far so good. But the problem is
that I can't move IPService from nodo1 to nodo2. When I run...

# pcs resource move IPService nodo2

it does nothing but... IPService keeps active on nodo1.

Then I tried to remove all my clusterdataClone constraints and repeat
the same commands shows lines above (# pcs -f myfile ...) but this
time without creating a colocation constraint between clusterdataClone
and IPService.  When I do some tests again running...

# pcs resource move IPService nodo2

well, IPService is moved to nodo2, but clusterdataClone keeps active
as Master in node1. I thought it would be promoted as Master in nodo2
and demoted to Slave in nodo1.

Do you know why my master/slave resource is not being "moved as
master" between nodes?

How do I "move" the Master role from nodo1 to nodo2 for
clusterdataClone? I want to make  nodo2 Primary and nodo1 Secondary
but I have no idea how to do this manually (only for testing)

I hope someone can help :(

Thanks in advance