[ClusterLabs] SAN with drbd and pacemaker

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 03:14:24 EDT 2015

"With 20 disk of 4TB you have a total capacity of 80TB. If you run all of
them as RAID6 then you have a total of 72TB."

And that's the point! I'm trying to understand if I can create more RAID6
arrays and how my controller handles disk failures in that case. First I
think we need to clarify terminology related to Megaraid Storage Manager
and for this reason I attach here a screenshot -> (phyical drives ->
http://pasteboard.co/NC3O60x.png    and logical drives ->
http://pasteboard.co/NC8DLcM.png )
So, reading this ->
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/3rd-party/lsi/mrsas/userguide/LSI_MR_SAS_SW_UG.pdf
(page 41) I think I have a RAID (6 in my case) array as a drive group and a
volume as a Virtual Drive. If this is right, I should discover how much
RAID array my controller supports. Actually I have 20 disks, but I can add
more. However, reducing rebuild array time is my goal, so I think that
create a virtual drive for each drive group is the right way. Please give
me some advises....
Thanks