[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: SAPDatabase is not starting Sybase database

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Sep 17 02:51:59 EDT 2015

>>> Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> schrieb am 16.09.2015 um 14:10 in
Nachricht <20150916121020.GA31214 at walrus.homenet>:

[...]
> You should try with saphostctrl and figure out why it fails and
> what is the difference to startsap.

On one machine we have the problem that after reboot of the host saphostctl ("the SAP root trojan horse") fails to start the instance (while it says it did). Only after the process is killed, it starts the instance on the second attempt. Nobody could find out why. I call it "SAP software" ;-)

However our database starts fine (we have Oracle here).