[ClusterLabs] SAPDatabase is not starting Sybase database

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 16 08:10:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 04:13:31PM +0500, Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
> On 09/16/15 16:07, Kai Dupke wrote:
> >On 09/16/2015 12:52 PM, Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
> >>Error: Command execution failed. : Database user authentication failed:
> >>No access to SecureStore or DB_CONNECT/SYB/SADB_USER or
> >>DB_CONNECT/SYB/SADB_PASSWORD is missing in SecureStore or password is
> >>incorrect. Provide credentials for user sapsa via command input or
> >>provide access to SecureStore. (fault code: 127) ]
> >That looks like the issue. Might be you have to configure authentication?
> But when  we start sap manually via command:
>     startsap -i ASCS00 -v KHIERP
>     startsap -i DVEBMGS01 -v KHIERP
>
> Sybase and SAP starts smoothly, without any error. The mentioned
> error only appears when we try to start Sybase via Cluster

Looking at the SAPDatabase RA, it runs saphostctrl to start the database:

$SAPHOSTCTRL -function StartDatabase -dbname $SID -dbtype $DBTYPE $DBINST $FORCE -service

DBINST and FORCE are not set according to your configuration.

You should try with saphostctrl and figure out why it fails and
what is the difference to startsap.

I'm hardly an expert, but you supplied some instances to startsap
which are different from the SID. Could that be a problem? And
where does the virtual host KHIERP come from? Does SAPDatabase
support that in any way? Can saphostctrl get that information by
itself?

Thanks,

Dejan