[ClusterLabs] SAN with drbd and pacemaker

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Mon Sep 21 12:43:14 UTC 2015

I'm sorry, I don't know the megaraids that much.

But the more drives you have in one group the more data has to be
accessed in case of a rebuild, with increased potential for another
issue while less performance is available.

Sometimes people recommend in case of an failure to move the data to a
new RAID volume instead of rebuilding the volume. But that needs much
more disks and slots to be available just in case.

Other way to handle this I had in my email, of course creating 3 groups
of 7 disks, or 2 of 9 instead of 1 group of 20 helps, too.

Yes, you 'loose' some capacity but for the sake of reliability and ease
of administration (of the disks).

greetings
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
Server Product Line
--
Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828     Mail: kdupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)