[ClusterLabs] Note: Replacing disk of MD-RAID in SLES11SP4

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Fri Sep 18 10:34:40 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 08:47 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> I'd like to drop a small note on "mdadm .. --replace .. --with .." (new command to replace a specific disk with a hot spare without loosing redundancy)
> In SLES11SP4 that command doesn't work (always gives: "mdadm: Failed to request replacement for ..")
>

> The feature should work in openSUSE 13.2, however.

This works with SLES 12 as well.

I assume this just was added ways after 11 was created, so this would
not be a regression, but a reason to move to SLES 12.

greetings
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
Server Product Line
--
Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828     Mail: kdupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)