[ClusterLabs] a newbie --question

‪H Yavari‬ ‪ hyavari at rocketmail.com
Tue Sep 15 13:38:59 UTC 2015

Hi,
Thanks for reply.
The problem is Compute resource, the appY and appZ can't run on same Server.
It is possible ?
Regards,

      From: Kai Dupke <kdupke at suse.com>

On 09/15/2015 07:22 AM, ‪H Yavari‬ ‪ wrote:

> But my issue is that my servers must be pair.

May I kindly ask to explain what is the reason is to request pairs?

Is it because the systems belong to dedicated projects?

Is it because the the apps shall not run on one node because of compute
resource constrains?

Is it because the nodes are separated by distance?

Usually you can get a much higher availability with 4 nodes available if
you allow all apps to run on all nodes, but usually have the apps not on
the same node. This rule allow that up to 3 of the 4 nodes get down, but
the apps are still available (even with less performance, but available).

greetings
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
Server Product Line
--
Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828    Mail: kdupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)