[ClusterLabs] EL6, cman, rrp, unicast and iptables

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Sep 15 00:01:26 UTC 2015

On 14/09/15 10:46 AM, Noel Kuntze wrote:

> Hello Christine,
>
> I googled a bit and some doc[1] says that TC_PRIO_INTERACTIVE maps to value 6, whatever that is.
> Assuming that value of 6 is the same as the "priority value", Corosync traffic should go into band 0, because
> TOS values of 0x10 and 0x14 have "priority value" 6, too. The page[2] on lartc.org says that, too.
>
> That means that at least when pfifo_fast is used, there's no need for iptables rules or tc filters to prioritize Corosync traffic manually.
>
> [1] http://linux-tc-notes.sourceforge.net/tc/doc/priority.txt
> [2] http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.classless.html#AEN658

So what's the final verdict on this? I followed your back and forth, and
it sounds like corosync uses 0, so nothing else is to be done?

I'm also fully willing to admit that something else triggered the fault
detection. It happened during a long live migration (actually, several
servers back to back), so I *assumed* that was the cause. Given it was a
cut-over weekend though, I made a mental note and went back to work. Bad
choice... I should have snagged the logs for later investigation. =/

digimer

--
Digimer
access to education?