[ClusterLabs] Adding 'virsh migrate migrate-setspeed' support to the vm RA

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Sep 4 03:36:09 EDT 2015

Hi all,

  I hit an issue a little while ago where live-migrating a VM (on the
same management network normally used for corosync and a few other
monitoring tasks) ate up all the bandwidth, causing corosync to declare
a failure and triggering a fence.

  I've dealt with this, in part, by adding redundant ring support on a
different network. However, I'd like to also limit the migration
bandwidth so that I don't need to fail over the ring in the first place.

  Is it reasonable/feasible to add 'virsh migrate-setspeed' support to
the vm.sh RA? Something like; 'setspeed="75MiB"'?

--
Digimer
access to education?