[ClusterLabs] Cluster node loss detection.

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Fri Oct 16 12:02:40 EDT 2015

Oops.  Cman starts corosync.  Cman has corosync settings of token loss 10000ms and retransmit 10.  According to the man page, anyway.
Experimenting.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com <mailto:Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com>
Never try and teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vallevand, Mark K [mailto:Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 10:41 AM
To: Cluster Labs - All topics related to open-source clustering welcomed
Subject: Re: [ClusterLabs] Cluster node loss detection.

Thanks.  I wasn't completely aware of corosync's role in this.  I see new things in the docs every time I read them.

I looked up the corosync settings at one time and did it again:
	token loss 3000ms
	retransmits 10
So 30s.  Redid my simple testing and got detection times of 22s, 26s, and 25s using very crude methods.
Any warnings about setting these values to something else?
We require our customers to use an isolated, private network for cluster communications.  All taken care of in our instructions and cluster configuration scripts.  Network traffic will not be a factor.  So, I'm thinking 1000ms and 5 retransmits as an experiment.

I was pretty sure that DLM was just being informed by clustering, but I needed to ask.

Again, thanks.