[ClusterLabs] group resources not grouped ?!?

zulucloud zulucloud at mailbox.org
Thu Oct 8 06:04:29 EDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 07:09 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:

> So, to proceed:
>
> 1) Stonith would help :)

Hi Ken, all,

my two nodes are virtual machines hosted on two vmware servers, which
are hosting other virtual machines as well. A shared storage could be
made available to my nodes, although without a cluster filesystem.

I've read http://clusterlabs.org/doc/crm_fencing.html and parts of
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/SBD_Fencing .

My conclusion is that there are just two possibilities to achieve
stonith / fencing that make sense in that particular situation:
"external/sbd" or "external/ssh".

Both are doing node level, not resource level fencing. As "external/ssh"
is considered as to be just for testing purposes, my way to go would be
"external/sbd".

Is that correct, or are there any other ways?
thx :)