[ClusterLabs] Help needed getting DRBD cluster working

Gordon Ross gr306 at uis.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 6 10:38:57 EDT 2015

On 5 Oct 2015, at 15:05, Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

> The "rc=6" in the failed actions means the resource's Pacemaker
> configuration is invalid. (For OCF return codes, see
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-ocf-return-codes
> )
>
> The "_monitor_0" means that this was the initial probe that Pacemaker
> does before trying to start the resource, to make sure it's not already
> running. As an aside, you probably want to add recurring monitors as
> well, otherwise Pacemaker won't notice if the resource fails. For
> example: op monitor interval="29s" role="Master" op monitor
> interval="31s" role="Slave"
>
> As to why the probe is failing, it's hard to tell. Double-check your
> configuration to make sure disc0 is the exact DRBD name, Pacemaker can
> read the DRBD configuration file, etc. You can also try running the DRBD
> resource agent's "status" command manually to see if it prints a more
> detailed error message.

I cleated the CIB and re-created most of it with your suggested parameters. It now looks like:

node $id="739377522" ct1
node $id="739377523" ct2
node $id="739377524" ct3 \
	attributes standby="on"
primitive drbd_disc0 ocf:linbit:drbd \
	params drbd_resource="disc0" \
	meta target-role="Started" \
	op monitor interval="19s" on-fail="restart" role="Master" start-delay="10s" timeout="20s" \
	op monitor interval="20s" on-fail="restart" role="Slave" start-delay="10s" timeout="20s"
ms ms_drbd0 drbd_disc0 \
	meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Started"
location cli-prefer-drbd_disc0 ms_drbd0 inf: ct2
location cli-prefer-ms_drbd0 ms_drbd0 inf: ct2
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
	dc-version="1.1.10-42f2063" \
	cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
	stonith-enabled="false" \
	no-quorum-policy="stop" \
	symmetric-cluster="false"

I think I’m missing something basic between the DRBD/Pacemaker hook-up.

As soon as Pacemaker/Corosync start, DRBD on both nodes stop. a “cat /proc/drbd” then just returns:

version: 8.4.3 (api:1/proto:86-101)
srcversion: 6551AD2C98F533733BE558C

and no details on the replicated disc and the drbd block device disappears.

GTG
--
Gordon Ross,