[ClusterLabs] Automatic IPC buffer adjustment in Pacemaker 1.1.11?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 15:35:17 UTC 2015

On 19/10/15 18:40 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> The http://www.ultrabug.fr/tuning-pacemaker-for-large-clusters/ blog
> post states that "Pacemaker v1.1.11 should come with a feature which
> will allow the IPC layer to adjust the PCMK_ipc_buffer automagically".
> However, I failed to identify this in the ChangeLog.  Did it really
> happen, can I drop my PCMK_ipc_buffer settings, and if yes, do I need to
> switch this feature on somehow?

The only adjustment I aware of is that if you happen to compile
pacemaker-1.1.11+ with up-to-date enough libqb (0.17.0), the server
parts in the IPC communication will try to enforce minimum buffer size
at the client counterparts.  And at least at the server side,
value tunable via PCMK_ipc_buffer still appears to be pretty
static.  But I am barely an expert.

--
Jan (Poki)