[ClusterLabs] OCF Pound

Tim Bourne tbourne at corservsolutions.com
Tue Oct 20 11:25:07 EDT 2015

All,

I recently installed a cluster (2 nodes) that is pretty simple. It just has a few IP addresses and an instance of Pound. I was having issues getting pound to start correctly. The error I received was:

ERROR: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/pound: 1: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/pound: -c: not found

I found a solution and thought I'd post it here just in case anyone else was running into the same issue. And to see if my solution was the right one.

In /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/pound on line 40the OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary is set like this.
: ${OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary=${OCF_RESKEY_client_ctl_default}}

This means OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary was set to an empty value, which obviously isn't a good thing.

If I read things correctly, it should be set like this instead:
: ${OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary=${OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary_default}}

since OCF_RESKEY_ctl_binary_default is what is used on line 35. After updating as mentioned things work as expected.

-Tim