[ClusterLabs] Is STONITH resource location special?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Mon Oct 19 09:36:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

Pacemaker Explained discusses in 13.3 the special treatment of STONITH
resources.  Now, I configured 6 fence_ipmilan instances in a cluster
which runs on 4 nodes currently.  No STONITH resource started on the
node it can kill, even though I haven't configured location constraints
yet.  Is this clever placement accidental, or is it another aspect of
the special treatment of STONITH resources?  Should I configure the
usual location constraints, or are they not needed under 1.1.13?

Also, I haven't configured pcmk_host_check, so is should default to
dynamic-list, but the pcmk_host_list setting is still effective,
according to stonith_admin.  I don't mind this, but it seems to
contradict the documentation.  Who is right?
--
Thanks,
Feri.