[ClusterLabs] Antw: Monitoring Op for LVM - Excessive Logging

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 14:15:44 UTC 2015

On 10/09/2015 08:06 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> in
> Nachricht <5617B10F.1060104 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to stop the excessive logging produced by the LVM monitor
>> operation?  I got it set at the default (30 seconds) here on SLES 11
>> SP4.  However, everytime it runs the DC will write 174 lines on
>> /var/log/messages (all coming from LVM).   I'm referring to the LVM
>> primitive resource (the one that activates a VG).  I'm also using DLM/cLVM.
>>
>> I checked /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and the logging defaults are reasonable
>> (verbose value set at 0 which is the lowest).
>
> Did you try daemon_options="-d0"? (in clvmd resource)

It's been a long while since I used clvmd, so they may have fixed this
since then, but there used to be a bug that clvmd would always start up
with debug logging, even if -d0 was set.

Luckily, dynamic disabling of debug mode worked and could be done
anytime after clvmd is started, using "clvmd -C -d0".

What I wound up doing was configuring swatch to monitor the logs, and
run that command if it saw debug messages!