[ClusterLabs] creating a resource on a specific node

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sat Oct 3 15:15:16 UTC 2015

On 03.10.2015 16:46, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 10/03/2015 10:27 AM, Vijay Partha wrote:
>> any command while adding a resource to a node to make it run only on a
>> particular node
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't think there's such a thing (specify a location at creation
> time).  Since you can't create a location constraint for a resource that
> doesn't exist, what I would do in a running cluster is:
>
> - create the resource with a target-role of "Stopped"
> - create the location constraint for it
> - change resource taget-role to "Started" (and it should start where you
> indicated in the constraint).

I think in general it is a bad idea to update the cluster in single
command increments like above. Instead:

1. Get a copy of the current CIB: pcs cluster cib cib.xml

2. Add resources, constraints, etc. to that file by using the regular
command but with the "-f cib.xml" option.

3. Commit the changes atomically to the cluster:
pcs cluster cib-push cib.xml

No need to worry about creating resources in the state "stopped" and
then starting them after some other contraints have been configured.

Regards,
  Dennis