[ClusterLabs] BUG in crmd/ccm membership handling when crmd registers with cluster a bit late

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Nov 27 11:58:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:44:02AM +0530, Shyam wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am using pacemaker-1.1.10 with heartbeat-3.0.5 on Ubuntu Trusty & hit
> upon a bug in CRMD/CCM. This bug exists in mainline pacemaker as well.

You know that there is heartbeat 3.0.6 and Pacemaker 1.1.13 ?

heartbeat older than 3.0.6 is broken in a number of ways.

Also, if you want to do Pacemaker with "older" heartbeat,
you have to go Pacemaker 1.1.6 or older,
or what you observe here is just one (small) issue.
1.1.7 up until 1.1.13
(or, 1.1.12 + linbit patches, which have then been merged into 1.1.13)
do not work properly with heartbeat, due to changes in pacemaker
upstream which have been incompatible with the heartbeat messaging and
membership layer (especially when it comes to fencing/stonith).

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability