[ClusterLabs] move service basing on both connection status and hostname

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 16:27:09 UTC 2015

On 11/09/2015 10:02 AM, Stefano Sasso wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>   I am having some troubles with the location constraint.
>
> In particular, what I want to achieve, is to run my service on a host; if
> the ip interconnection fails I want to migrate it to another host, but on
> IP connectivity restoration the resource should move again on the primary
> node.
>
> So, I have this configuration:
>
> primitive vfy_ether ocf:pacemaker:l2check \
>>         params nic_list="eth1 eth2" debug="false" dampen="1s" \
>>         op monitor interval="2s"
>> clone ck_ether vfy_ether
>> location cli-ethercheck MCluster \
>>         rule $id="cli-prefer-rule-ethercheck" -inf: not_defined l2ckd or
>> l2ckd lt 2
>> location cli-prefer-masterIP MCluster \
>>         rule $id="cli-prefer-rule-masterIP" 50: #uname eq GHA-MO-1
>

> when the connectivity fails on the primary node, the resource is correctly
> moved to the secondary one.
> But, on IP connectivity restoration, the resource stays on the secondary
> node (and does not move to the primary one).
>
> How can I solve that?
> Any hint? :-)
>
> thanks,
>   stefano

Mostly likely, you have a default resource-stickiness set. That tells
Pacemaker to keep services where they are if possible. You can either
delete the stickiness setting or make sure it has a lower score than
your location preference.

Alternatively, are you sure l2ckd is <2 after connectivity is restored?