[ClusterLabs] Loadbalancing using Pacemaker

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Sun Nov 8 15:24:17 UTC 2015

Am Samstag, 7. November 2015, 09:40:47 schrieb didier tanti:
> Hello, i am new to Pacemaker and have a question concerning how to have my
> cluster services aware of the state and location of the other services in
> the cluster.  Example:
> Service A is running on Host XService B1 is running on Host XService B2 is
> running on Host Y Which API would allow my Service A to send IPC messages
> to services B1 and B2 in a round robin manner?(for example how Service A
> would be aware of which B is up and active (B1, B2 or both), and how A
> would even be able to know on which host B1 or B2 is running?) It looks
> very basic but i cannot find information on this on clusterlabs.org Is
> there basic tutorial that would explain how to achieve this ? (I guess i
> would need to link my service binaries with some pacemaker /corosync libs
> and use some API ?) Thanks for helping out,

Hi,

this task is beyond the ability of pacemaker. Your application has to know how
to handle that.

Best solution would be to use virtual IP addresses for services B1 and B2.
make sure that the IP addresses run together with the services. Now you
service A only has to talk to the IP addresses, no matter on which host they
run.

pacemaker could take care that they run on different hosts is possible.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG