[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: restarting resources

zulucloud zulucloud at mailbox.org
Fri Nov 6 12:42:21 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 12:55 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:

>> i had the same problem with Apache and a virtual IP together in a group.
>> I wasn't able to restart / reload just Apache. The only way was to bring
>> down the whole group including IP, and then start the group again.
>
> I wonder: If the IP comes before Apache, and apache is the last in the group, you should be able to restart apache leaving the IP unaffected. Maybe you should provide more details...

Hello Ulrich,

thanks, interesting hint. I took a look in my old config's backup, and
indeed, my group was configured the other way round:

group gr_apache res_apache res_haweb_ip \
         meta target-role="Started"

I changed that to your suggestion:

group gr_apache res_haweb_ip res_apache \
	meta target-role="Started"

removed the colocation, switched on the group configured that way and
indeed: that way it's possible to do a

crm resource restart res_apache

without affecting the IP. Learned something new again ;)
Thank you :)