[ClusterLabs] restarting resources

zulucloud zulucloud at mailbox.org
Fri Nov 6 11:48:04 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 05:59 PM, - - wrote:
> Hi,
>     I need to be able to restart a resource (e.g apache) whenever a
> configuration
> file is updated. I have been using the 'crm resource restart ' command
> to to it,
> which does restart the resource BUT also restarts my other resources also.
> Is this normal behaviour? Is there a way to just/force restart only the
> resource whose config file is changed.
>
> I have the following resources configured in a group (ew)

Hi,

i had the same problem with Apache and a virtual IP together in a group.
I wasn't able to restart / reload just Apache. The only way was to bring
down the whole group including IP, and then start the group again.

> Is there a way to just start Website8086 or just reload it, without
> affecting
> the other resources.

I removed the group configuration and instead just inserted a colocation
rule to make sure that Apache and IP are running on the same node. This
works fine for me, now it's possible to crm resource restart res_apache
without affecting the IP, and it works fast and smoothly.

best regards..