[ClusterLabs] Multiple OpenSIPS services on one cluster

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 21:52:07 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 01:40 PM, Nuno Pereira wrote:
> [...]

6.2 doesn't have it; I'm not sure about 6.7; I think 7.1 does.

>> Alternatively, you could clone the LSB resource instead of having two,
>> but that would be tricky with your other requirements. What are your
>> reasons for wanting to restrict each instance to two specific nodes,
>> rather than let Pacemaker select any two of the four nodes to run the
>> resources?
> SRV01-opensips and SRV02-opensips are actually the same service with
> different configurations, created for different purposes, used by
> different clients, and shouldn't run on the same host.
> If I run SRV01-opensips on a SRV02 host, clients wouldn't have service, and
> vice versa.
>
> I think that I go for this.

The unusual part would be referencing a particular clone instance in
constraints (opensips:0 and opensips:1 instead of just opensips). I've
never done that, but it's worth trying.

>> Another option would be to write an OCF script to use instead of the LSB
>> one. You'd need to add a parameter to distinguish the two instances
>> (maybe the IP it's bound to?), and make start/stop/status operate only
>> on the specified instance. That way, Pacemaker could run "status" for
>> both instances and get the right result for each. It looks like someone
>> did write one a while back, but it needs work (I notice stop always
>> returns success, which is bad): http://anders.com/cms/259
> I already had it here, and it suffers from branding problems (references to
> OpenSer on OpenSIPS, etc).
> It doesn't seem to work:
>
> # ocf-tester -o ip=127.0.0.1 -n OpenSIPS
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/anders.com/OpenSIPS
> Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/anders.com/OpenSIPS...
> * rc=7: Monitoring an active resource should return 0
> * rc=7: Probing an active resource should return 0
> * rc=7: Monitoring an active resource should return 0
> * rc=7: Monitoring an active resource should return 0
> Tests failed: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/anders.com/OpenSIPS failed 4 tests

Yes, it would definitely need some development work.

>>> Might it be related to any problem with the init.d script of opensips,
> like an
>>> invalid result code, or something? I checked
>>> http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-
>> generic/inis
>>> crptact.html and didn't found any problem, but might had miss some use
>> case.
>>
>> You can follow this guide to verify the script's LSB compliance as far
>> as it matters to Pacemaker:
>>
>> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-
>> single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#ap-lsb
> I can't fully test it right now, but at least in one case the script doesn't
> work well.
> OpenSIPS requires the IP or it doesn't start. On a host without the HA IP,
> the script returns 0 but the process dies and isn't running one second later.
> That doesn't help.
>

> Nuno Pereira
> G9Telecom

That's not ideal, but it wouldn't be a problem, because you've got
colocation/ordering constraints that ensure Pacemaker won't try to start
opensips unless the IP is up.