[ClusterLabs] Multiple OpenSIPS services on one cluster

Nuno Pereira nuno.pereira at g9telecom.pt
Tue Nov 3 11:38:35 UTC 2015

Yesterday I removed the pacemaker from starting on boot, and
tested it: the problem persists.
Also, I checked the logs and the opensips wasn't started on the
PSIP-SRV01-passive machine, the one that was rebooted.
Is it possible to change that behaviour, as it is undesirable for our
environment?
For example, only to stop it on one of the hosts.

> You can verify that Pacemaker did not start the extra instances by
> looking for start messages in the logs (they will look like "Operation
> SRV01-opensips_start_0" etc.).
On the rebooted node I don't see 2 starts, but only 2 failed stops, the first
failed for the service that wasn't supposed to run there, and a normal one for
the service that was supposed to run there:

Nov 02 23:01:24 [1692] PSIP-SRV01-passive       crmd:    error:
process_lrm_event:      Operation SRV02-opensips_stop_0 (node=PSIP-
SRV01-passive, call=52, status=4, cib-update=23, confirmed=true) Error
Nov 02 23:01:24 [1692] PSIP-SRV01-passive       crmd:   notice:
process_lrm_event:      Operation SRV01-opensips_stop_0: ok (node=PSIP-
SRV01-passive, call=51, rc=0, cib-update=24, confirmed=true)

> The other question is why did the stop command fail. The logs should
> shed some light on that too; look for the equivalent "_stop_0" operation
> and the messages around it. The resource agent might have reported an
> error, or it might have timed out.
I see this:

Nov 02 23:01:24 [1689] PSIP-SRV01-passive       lrmd:  warning:
operation_finished:     SRV02-opensips_stop_0:1983 - terminated with signal 15
Nov 02 23:01:24 [1689] PSIP-BBT01-passive       lrmd:     info: log_finished:
finished - rsc: SRV02-opensips action:stop call_id:52 pid:1983 exit-code:1
exec-time:79ms queue-time:0ms

As it can be seen above, the call_id for the failed stop is greater that the
one with success, but ends before.
Also, as both operations are stopping the exact same service, the last one
fails. And on the case of the one that fails, it wasn't supposed to be stopped
or started in that host, as was configured.

Might it be related to any problem with the init.d script of opensips, like an
invalid result code, or something? I checked
http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/inis
crptact.html and didn't found any problem, but might had miss some use case.

Nuno Pereira
G9Telecom