[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Struggling to get "crm_mon -E ... " to do anything

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon May 18 02:59:22 EDT 2015

>>> Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> schrieb am 18.05.2015 um 04:49 in
Nachricht

<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> What I don't like with all of this is that it's still a polling interface.
>
> crm_mon isn’t doing polling, it subscribes to the cib's update channel

OK, maybe someone wants to add that statement to the corresponding manual
page...?

The crm_mon as I know it, seems to periodically output the clusters state, and
I always felt it's just doing sleeps between polling the state.

BTW: When I enter "man crm_mon", I get:
---
PACEMAKER(8)            System Administration Utilities
PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
       Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager

SYNOPSIS
       crm_mon mode [options]
---
Isn't "NAME" completely off? If I compare it to "man ls", I get:
---
NAME
       ls - list directory contents
---

As the NAME is used for "man -k", you get nothing when running "man -k monitor
|grep crm".

Regards,
Ulrich