[ClusterLabs] Antw: Struggling to get "crm_mon -E ... " to do anything

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon May 11 02:33:07 EDT 2015

<554FE120.70408 at on.net.nz>:

> I have set up a virtual test environment of three nodes running CentOS
> 6.6 and am having trouble getting a "crm_mon -E " script called *at all*
> when anything changes in the cluster (resource killed, node killed,
> resource moved, etc.).

Never heard of that option, but when considering the documentation, I'm not much surprised if it doesn't work as one might expect:
       -E, --external-agent=value
              A program to run when resource operations take place.

This leaves a LOT of room for expectations. ;-)

What should be a typical use case? Will the program have any parameters?

Regards,
Ulrich