[ClusterLabs] STONITH on a vmWare server I dont have control

Carlos Xavier cbastos at connection.com.br
Thu May 28 16:14:32 EDT 2015

Hi.

We are moving from phisical machines to virtualhosts under vmWare on a
DataCenter.
We dont have acess to the vmWare Server, Just to its VMs

The servers run on a OpenSuse 12.3 with
Corosync 1.4.3
Pacemaker 1.1.7

It uses OCFS2 filesystem to run MySQL and Httpd servers.

I tryed to setup a external/sbd method following the steps at

https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle_ha/book_sleha/data/sec_ha_storage_pro
tect_fencing.html

As it is a virtual Server I had to use a soft watchdog, I configured the
module softdog to be loaded at boot and set the STONITH on Pacemaker

primitive stonith_sbd stonith:external/sbd

After this I rebooted the host and ended with a infinite reboot :-(

With this condition what are the options to get the STONITH working on
Pacemaker?
Can someone please shade some light on this issue?

Regards,
Carlos.