[ClusterLabs] Antw: No Cluster fun (split brain)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed May 27 11:10:32 EDT 2015

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know about the recent events: There was a situation when all nodes were up and the network was fine and the SBD was operational
AND every node thought it is domain controller.

As a result the filesystems in our virtual machine images were severely corrupted (call ist desaster).
As a side effect, some recent configuration changes were last as the configuration was replaced with some older configuration (by the cluster)...

Regards,
Ulrich

60728>:
> Hi!
>
> I just wanted to tell you that two nodes in out three-node cluster (SLES11
> SP3) went mad when the thrird node was cleanly rebooted (i.e. after rcopenais
> stop). Going mad means both nodes built up a "retransmit list" and decided to
> be DC for the cluster. When the third node came back, the communication
> problems went away, but the cluster was unable to continue running resources.
> It needed a reboot of one of the mad nodes and later a cleanup of resources
> for the other mad node.
[...]