[ClusterLabs] How to set Two active servers(Masters) using Pacemaker

Jorge Lopes jmclopes at gmail.com
Sun May 24 19:02:50 UTC 2015

If you want to run your resources in node1 and node2 when a normal
operation is in place and have the resources running in node3 when one of
the nodes has problems, then you might want to use an asymmetrical cluster.
The resources will not be started in any node unless you explicitly say it.

property symmetric-cluster=false

primitive ClusterIP  ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx \
        meta target-role="Started" \
        op monitor interval="30" timeout="60"

location loc-ClusterIP1 ClusterIP inf:    node1
location loc-ClusterIP2 ClusterIP 500:  node3

This will run your ClusterIP in node1 by default and in node3 if node1
becomes unavailable. It will never run on node2, where you can have other
resources with similar location constrains to have the node2 resources
running on node3 if node2 becomes unavailable.