[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: No Cluster fun (split brain)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed May 20 07:35:51 UTC 2015

>>> Jan Pokorný<jpokorny at redhat.com> schrieb am 19.05.2015 um 20:38 in
Nachricht
<20150519183855.GK7411 at redhat.com>:
> On 19/05/15 17:50 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> Now if the corosync guys would add comments to their C-code or at
>> least would respond to inquiried to their advertised mailing list...
>
> As I haven't found any posting of yours in dedicated corosync ML,
> I suppose you are already referring to this very one per
> "the advertisement":

I only found the "discuss" mailing list, and I tried to subscribe, but never
got anything since then. I also think I send a message to "discuss" a few days
after subscribing, but still I got back nothing...

> http://lists.corosync.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-February/003464.html
>
> FWIW, adding comments to the code after-the-fact is something highly
> unlikely unless you want to take a part in that.  You have the

Guessing from the code of a routine what the routine is probably meant to do
is close to impossible, like guessing what the return codes try to say.

To give others an impression how the typical code looks like, I pick a random
routine from exec/coroparse.c (There really are no comments before that
routine):
---snip---
static char *strchr_rs (const char *haystack, int byte)
{
        const char *end_address = strchr (haystack, byte);
        if (end_address) {
                end_address += 1; /* skip past { or = */
                end_address += strspn (end_address, " \t");
        }

        return ((char *) end_address);
}
---

> opportunity to influence the in-code verbosity within the patches
> being posted to that list, though.

Once I feel the list is connected, I have no problems with that.

Regards,
Ulrich