[ClusterLabs] Filesystem support for Lustre filesystem client mounts

Ron Kerry rkerry at sgi.com
Mon May 18 12:13:07 UTC 2015

On 5/18/15 5:07 AM, users-request at clusterlabs.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 09:46:33AM -0400, Ron Kerry wrote:
>> >The Filesystem RA included with SLES11 SP3 HAE does not support
>> >Lustre filesystem client mounts because the device specification
>> >(e.g. 192.168.0.1 at tcp:/lustrefs) is not handled.
> Please be more specific.

The Lustre client mount device is NOT a block device. There is no code
(like for an NFS client mount) that handles this exception.

>> >Is this something
>> >that has been added in the community code, or is this something that
>> >has yet to be contributed?  Does anyone have another way to handle
>> >Lustre filesystem client mounts?
> There were no changes pertaining to lustre and I can vaguely
> recall people using it. I guess that if you do a ML search  (not
> this one, but Linux HA or pacemaker) you should find some traces.

There is support for Lustre server (MDS, OSS) mounts because in that
case the device is a block device. The trouble stems from the fact that
the fileysstem type "lustre" is overloaded for both server side and
client side mount purposes.

Ron Kerry         rkerry at sgi.com
Global Product Support - SGI Federal