[ClusterLabs] Preventing Cluster from moving resources

Peter Albrecht albrecht at opensourceservices.de
Wed May 13 10:10:02 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have configured a two-node RHEL 6.6 cluster with Pacemaker.

Whenever I create a new resource (actually it's resource groups I am
creating using a script), the resource group is started on one of the
hosts.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to create a resource / resource group without starting it
   immediately? Currently, after creating all my resource groups I disable
   them in order to prevent the cluster from starting them.
2. When disabling or deleting resources / resource groups, the other
   resources are moved around between the nodes. Is there a way to prevent
   this? Of course I can set location constraints (which I already do for
   some of them). I thought there might be some parameter in the properties
   but I did not find any.

In case you are wondering: It's a customer request to have all the resource
groups created now but they want to decide on a case-by-case basis when
and where to start the resource groups.

Thanks a lot,

Peter