[ClusterLabs] multple interfaces with pcsd and IPaddr2 fail to load

GRAY Andrew G (SPARQ) andrew.gray1 at sparq.com.au
Thu May 7 19:34:47 EDT 2015

Overview.
I have a two node cluster with 7 nics each. The cluster nodes are the primary (externally facing) interfaces. The other interfaces access private 10.x subnets.
(It's a sandpit dev environment that simulates production). The cluster is basically a router/firewall for the subnets.

Problem. I have 7 IPaddr2 resources, one on each interface with a VIP. The IPaddr2 resource is functional (starts OK) on the same interface (primary interfaces) as the pcsd cluster nodes, but will not start on any of the other interfaces (10.x private nets).

Is there a work around for this ? Do I need to setup a 14 node cluster and include every interface even though there are only 2 virtual machines ? This seems a little counter productive.

I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me.

Regards,

Andrew Gray.
RHCSA, Professional Unix Administration.
Ph: (07) 3664 5112

This email message (including any file attachments transmitted with it) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this email (including any attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message. Any confidential or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email. SPARQ Solutions accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature.

Sender Details:
  SPARQ Solutions
  PO Box 15760 City East, Brisbane QLD Australia 4002
  +61 7 4931 2222

SPARQ Solutions policy is to not send unsolicited electronic messages. Suspected breaches of this policy can be reported by replying to this message including the original message and the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject.