[ClusterLabs] Handling NFS lock recovery

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Tue May 5 10:13:00 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

> I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle NFS lock recovery on an
> Active-Active setup. I’ve seen some guides suggest lsp and statd but I’ve

active active implies two NFS servers exporting the same filesystem at the
same time. This is very complicated. In theory it is possible, and I know
there is work being done to make it a reality. I've never seen this done
properly in practice. The problem is in coordinating locks between multiple
servers.

> also found an ra called nfsserver.
>

> Assuming the need to handle NFSv3 is there a preference between each? Does
> using only NFSv4 make things simpler?

yes, nfsv4 makes things simpler as far as lock recovery is concerned.

here's some reading.

active/passive
https://github.com/davidvossel/phd/blob/master/doc/presentations/nfs-ap-overview.pdf
https://github.com/davidvossel/phd/blob/master/scenarios/nfs-active-passive.scenario