[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.13 Release cycle begins!

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Mar 29 19:46:50 EDT 2015

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 7:18 pm, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>
> 27.03.2015 08:18, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> I know I've been threatening this for a while, but I'm pleased to report that the release cycle for 1.1.13 has finally begun.
>
> Great news!
>

>> The full changelog is rather long and available at:
>>    https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-1.1.13-rc1
>>
>> but the highlights are:
>>
>> - Allow fail-counts to be removed en-mass when the new attrd is in operation
>> - attrd_updater: Allow attributes to be set for other nodes
>> - attrd_updater: support --query and --all options
>> - attrd_updater: support private attributes
>
> Could you please tell what they are for and how they differ from 'restart' ones? It was not completely clear to me from commit messages.

These are transient node attributes that don't ever get written to the cib.
So you can set them, query them locally or from other nodes, but they never cause a PE transition.

I just you've connected the dots now :)

>> - crmd: If configured, trigger the watchdog immediately if we loose quorum and no-quorum-policy=suicide
>
> Could you please shed some light on how to use watchdog integration please? Last time I checked it was possible only together with SBD. Did that change and one can now use suicide fencing as a distinct feature?

SBD is still involved/required.
What has changed is that pacemaker can make some more informed decisions when it finds SBD is present.
One example is that the surviving partition can (optionally) assume it is safe to recover resources after a timeout.

Clusters from Scratch will get updated with these details "soon" :-)

>> - crm_resource: Implement an intelligent restart capability
>
> Do you plan to put reload possibility into 1.1.13 as well?

The exact mechanics are still under discussion (mostly because I've lacked the bandwidth to do it justice).
So its 1.1.14 material (which I am taking steps to ensure wont take as long as 1.1.13 did).