[ClusterLabs] pacemaker-mgmtd start on boot

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Tue Mar 3 15:57:14 UTC 2015

On 03/03/2015 04:22 PM, Fiber Mountain wrote:

> Sorry if this is not the proper mailing list. I am running pacemaker
> 1.1.10 with corosync 2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS. I installed pacemaker
> manager (mgmtd) and the client (crm_gui). I am able to manually start
> mgmtd by issueing the “sudo /usr/lib/heartbeat/mgmtd” command, but for
> some reason, I cannot get it to automatically start at system boot. I
> added the following as suggested in features section of the FAQ on the
> clusterlab website:
>
> service {
>         # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>         name: pacemaker
>         ver:  0
> }
> and add
>         use_mgmtd: 1
> before the closing bracket.
This only works with corosync-1.x, which is able to help spawn
pacemaker daemons and mgmtd.

For corosync-2.x, Dori Seliskar kindly created a systemd file for it

http://ds.delo.si/pacemaker-mgmt/fedora20/

, which I haven't yet got the chance to put into the source.
You may want to give it a try.

BTW, you may also want to take a look at hawk or pcs-gui, unless
pacemaker-mgmt is really your favourite ;-) I will no longer add any new
features for pacemaker-mgmt.

Regards,
  Yan

Gao,Yan <ygao at suse.com>