[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: CRM location specification and errors

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 26 04:20:17 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 08:53:30AM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <87oak3ft7r.fsf at krigpad.kri.gs>:
>
> [...]
> > Another option is to modify the resource agent and check in the monitor
> > action if this is the probe (ocf_is_probe). In that case, the monitor
> > action should return OCF_NOT_RUNNING rather than OCF_ERR_INSTALLED on
> > those nodes where the resource is not supposed to run.
>
> Hi!
>
> First, I think if a resource cannot be started on a node it's better to return
> OCF_ERR_INSTALLED rather than OCF_NOT_RUNNING, because it does not make any
> sense to try to start the resource on that particular node. Then, how would you

It is not always that simple. The part deemed not installed
at the probes time may reappear later. For instance, some
deployments have software on an NFS mount (I can recall that it
was the case with SAP) and that NFS mount may not be available at
the time.

So, it's safer to return OCF_NOT_RUNNING and that is what quite a
few RA do.

Thanks,

Dejan