[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: CRM location specification and errors

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Jun 26 02:53:30 EDT 2015

>>> Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund at suse.com> schrieb am 25.06.2015 um 22:06 in
Nachricht <87oak3ft7r.fsf at krigpad.kri.gs>:

[...]
> Another option is to modify the resource agent and check in the monitor
> action if this is the probe (ocf_is_probe). In that case, the monitor
> action should return OCF_NOT_RUNNING rather than OCF_ERR_INSTALLED on
> those nodes where the resource is not supposed to run.

Hi!

First, I think if a resource cannot be started on a node it's better to return
OCF_ERR_INSTALLED rather than OCF_NOT_RUNNING, because it does not make any
sense to try to start the resource on that particular node. Then, how would you
check in the resource agent that a resource it not to be run on the particular
node? I mean you can do it, but aren't you duplicating cluster decision logic
into the resource agent (where it doesn't belong to IMHO)?

Regards,
Ulrich