[ClusterLabs] [HA] RFC: moving Pacemaker openstack-resource-agents to stackforge

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 24 11:02:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 03:39:35PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > This question was asked and answered in the github issue:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/madkiss/openstack-resource-agents/issues/22#issuecomment-114147300
> >
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > The cluster devs agreed to use ClusterLabs as an umbrella location so
> > people can find all cluster-related stuff in one place, but the
> > individual sub-projects are still independently managed.
> >
> > So you could have a ClusterLabs/openstack-resource-agents github project
> > fully under your control, and an openstack.clusterlabs.org DNS alias
> > pointing to whatever website you'd like.
>
> Ahah, thanks a lot for the info!  I think one of the side-effects of
> having a stackforge project is a mirror on github, so we could fork
> the mirror to ClusterLabs and then periodically update it.  Similarly
> the DNS alias could point to the launchpad project page.

As far as resource agents are concerned, we tried to encourage
people to host resource agents at projects which were closely
tied to software managed. The point being that the more
interesting part of these agents are related to openstack. Having
said that, of course it's fine to put this wherever you want, as
long as openstack people can maintain the agents.

Cheers,

Dejan