[ClusterLabs] Q: umask of RAs?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 10:38:23 EDT 2015

On 06/15/2015 01:55 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a rather simple question: When RAs are run, what is the effective umask? I.e.: Is it different from the default, and are RAs expected to change the umask before creating any files?
>
> (Using SLES11 SP3)
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

Pacemaker components (including lrmd) set umask when initializing
logging, using 0026 (S_IWGRP | S_IWOTH | S_IROTH).

I don't think resource agents that create files should rely on that;
it's a good idea for them to set umask according to their needs.
Pacemaker's umask might change in the future, and resource agents might
be called by some means other than Pacemaker.