[ClusterLabs] Q: Use crm_simulate to simulate stopping maintenance mode?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jun 10 15:50:28 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 03:01:30PM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder: A system is running in maintenance mode. Before disabling
> maintenance-mode, I'd like to make sure that no node will be fenced as
> one of the first actions. Is it possible to find out what will happen
> when maintenance mode is turned off? If so, how? ;-)

crm configure
crm(live)configure# property maintenance-mode=off
crm(live)configure# simulate nograph scores actions
crm(live)configure# commit

which does the equivalent of
cibadmin -Q |
sed -e "$some_magic_sed_expression_to_change_or_add_maintenance_mode_setting" |
crm_simulate -p --run --simulate --show-scores \
	--what-not --some-other-stuff

You get the idea.

If you happen to have an older crm shell,
use "ptest" instead of simulate.
something like
# ptest vvv

--