[ClusterLabs] Start at boot time Corosync 2.X + Pacemaker 1.1 cluster (Debian Wheezy)

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Jun 8 01:43:43 EDT 2015

"d.malcangio at eletech.it" <d.malcangio at eletech.it> writes:

> After all the configuratins I've started both corosync and pacemaker with
>
> /etc/init.d/corosync start
> /etc/init.d/pacemaker/start
>
> The cluster is up and running, but I can't find a way to start the cluster
> at boot time

The corosync and pacemaker services are just regular services, and are
configured to start at boot just like any other service in sysvinit. That said, if
you have a two node cluster, starting the services at boot might not be
what you want since you can easily end up with a deathmatch
configuration.

If adding them to runlevels doesn't work, there's a bug of some sort.

> I've followed the guide on clusterlabs but I can't find a solution for
> Debian and crmsh (on the official guide they use pcs instead of crmsh, but
> even with that I could not find the correct procedure to make the cluster
> run at boot time)
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

There's a basic guide here: http://crmsh.github.io/start-guide/

I'm working on a crmsh version of the official documentation, but it's
not online yet unfortunately.

> Another info I can add is, I've also tried to use crmsh to start and run
> the cluster, trying to find a way to make it run at boot time.
> If i run crm cluster start (instead of the init.d scripts) corosync and
> pacemaker start and the cluster starts running, but if i run the command to
> stop I get this error
>
> crm(live)# cluster stop
> ERROR: cluster.stop: Failed to stop pacemaker service:

The crmsh commands simply call
"service corosync start; service pacemaker start"
and
"service pacemaker stop; service corosync stop"

To be honest this has only been tested on SUSE distros by me. I'd be
happy for patches to make this work properly on Debian. :)