[ClusterLabs] SCSI persistant reservation fencing

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Jun 30 15:48:40 UTC 2015

"Vladimir-M. Obelic" <v at obeli.ch> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trialling SLES 12 w/ HAE to run a Fileserver cluster consisting of
> two nodes. Idea was to use SCSI persistant reservation as a fencing
> method using the fence_scsi script from stonith fence agents. Two
> nodes (a, b) are connected via FC to the same LUN which is then
> exported via NFS from the active node only.
>
> According to fence_scsi resource info page, only the 'action'
> parameter is obligatory, while the 'nodename' and 'key' parameters
> aren't.
> Yet without those, it fails. Seems to me this is a bug?
> I've seen a similar issue in RHEL: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1421063

Yes, it looks like you are encountering this precise issue. Please file
an issue with SUSE about this!

> This is an example from RHEL that takes care of the whole thing, no
> additional constraints (and it works!)
>
>  pcs stonith create my-scsi-shooter fence_scsi devices=/dev/sda meta
> provides=unfencing
>
> (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Configuring_the_Red_Hat_High_Availability_Add-On_with_Pacemaker/s1-unfence-HAAR.html)
>
> Note that SLES12 still uses crm while RHEL uses pcs. Also in SLES the
> meta attribute 'provides' doesn't exist. Is there a way to translate
> the RHEL pcs command to SLES?

I would recommend against following guides for RHEL when configuring
SLES. While the core software is the same, the versions are different,
they are patched differently and the tools around pacemaker are
different.

The pcs command creates pretty much the same resource as the crm
command, there are two problems however: The first is that you are
encountering the above bug, and the second is that the "provides" meta
attribute is not known by crmsh.

The meta attribute can can still be created, however you will get a
warning.

// Kristoffer