[ClusterLabs] [meta] OK to archive users/developers lists externally?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 12:42:31 EDT 2015

On 15/05/15 23:01 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> before proceeding, wanted to ask you, the ML admins and the
> subscribed, if you have any objections again making the two new lists
> from $SUBJ indexed/archived by (subset of) following ML sinks:
> - http://gmane.org/
> - https://www.mail-archive.com/
> - https://marc.info/
> - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/

Update on this:

- for both lists a subscription under Gmane and The Mail Archive
  (former two sites) was attempted

- users list seems to be added without a glitch (well, I asked
  for gmane.comp.clustering.clusterlabs.users identifier, got
  a one without trailing 's', but maybe it's on purpose);
  guestimated URLs of this very mail (prone to race conditions):
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.clustering.clusterlabs.user/15
  https://www.mail-archive.com/users@clusterlabs.org/msg00010.html

- developers list appears not to be added, but this may just be
  a question of lazy setup upon first message (could be this one),
  in which case the URLs would be (again, "developers" got shortened
  to "devel" per Gmane list of lists):
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.clustering.clusterlabs.devel/1
  https://www.mail-archive.com/developers@clusterlabs.org/msg00000.html

- if for some paranoid reasons you don't want your messages to be
  long-time archived by these two services, teach your MUA to add

- both services offer import of existing archives, so a reiterated
  question for the crowd (and moderators in particualr) now is whether
  it would be OK to do so -- the archives themselves are already
  publicly available, so it should be just a matter of providing
  the respective URLs

--
Jan